Main Content

news

City Firefighters Battle Two Alarm fire

By JAY HEATH, Correspondent | September 07, 2021 | NEW HAMPSHIRE

Story No. 090821100

Manchester, NH- September 6- Improper disposal of smoking materials caused a two alarm fire on Tuesday afternoon. The Box went out at 16:13 for a building fire at 336 Lake Avenue for a fire that started on a third floor balcony and extended into the apartment cockloft area. Heavy fire was showing by first due companies and firefighters advanced three handlines to the top floor, while Truck companies opened the roof, and search's where made in the large three story apartment building. A second alarm was sounded at 16:17 and eventually an extra Engine Company for manpower. The fire was knocked down at 16:26 hrs and crews had extensive overhaul operations. According to Battalion Chief Ken Proulx the fire was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials on the third floor balcony. The fire displaced 11 residents living in the building and the Red Cross was brought into assist them all.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.