Main Content

news

Laundry Room Fire in Oneco

By RYAN FLAHERTY, Correspondent | September 02, 2020 | CONNECTICUT

Story No. 090420102

At 8:24 PM on Wednesday, 9/2/2020 the Oneco and Sterling Fire Departments were dispatched to a dryer fire at 401 Bailey Road. While responding, Quinebaug Valley Emergency Communications said they took an additional call reporting the fire had extended into the laundry room so it was upgraded to a first alarm adding Moosup, Plainfield FAST & tanker with Voluntown’s Tanker and the Moosup Ambulance. Oneco’s Chief arrived at 8:34 reporting smoke from the second story windows. Tanker 168 was the first apparatus up the long driveway and stretched a line through the front door to the second floor. Tanker 168 experienced a pump issue so Engine 168 positioned behind them and stretched a cross lay to the second floor where they extinguished the fire. Moosup’s Ladder 194 assisted with interior operations and the rest of the assignment staged in the street and was released shortly after. There were no injuries and the fire marshal is investigating.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.