Main Content

news

Geneseo shed fire

By JEFFREY ARNOLD, Senior Correspondent | May 03, 2022 | NEW YORK

Story No. 050322110

GENESEO, NY - On Monday, May 2, at 9:20 p.m., Geneseo firefighters were dispatched to a reported shed fire at 4815 Lakeville-Groveland Road. First arriving units found a one-story farm shop fully involved with exposure issues. Due to a lack of hydrants in the area, tankers were requested from Livonia, Lakeville, Mt. Morris, Cuylerville and York fire departments. The blaze was brought under control in about 40 minutes. There were no injuries reported, Officials from Livingston County Emergency Management determined the fire was caused by a malfunctioning heating unit. Livingston County EMS and the Livingston County Sheriff's Office also assisted at the scene.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.