Main Content


Resident Suffers Smoke Inhalation at Working House Fire in Montville

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.

MONTVILLE, CT - At 11:45 P.M. on Thursday, February 1st, the Montville, Mohegan, Oakdale and Chesterfield Fire Departments were dispatched to 242 Maple Avenue for a house fire. Montville Police Officers arrived at 11:47 P.M. reporting fire showing from the second-floor with a smoke inhalation victim. Dispatch transmitted the working fire which added Mohegan Tribal FAST and a Waterford Engine, as well as tankers from East Great Plain, Poquetanuck, Salem, Gardner Lake and Gales Ferry.

Ladder 15 arrived at 11:52 P.M. reporting “the whole top of the building is going” and stretched a one-and-three-quarter-inch hose line. The crew darkened down three windows of fire from the exterior and then the nozzle man stretched in to the second-floor. The driver deployed the aerial to the roof as Engine 21 laid 700-feet of 5-inch from the hydrant and up the driveway. Engine 13 pumped the hydrant while all of the tankers sat in staging. Crews from Oakdale and Cohanzie stretched a backup line from Ladder 15.

Crews from all departments rotated through the building opening up while chasing hot spots. Waterford Ambulance staged on scene while East Great Plain Engine 52 covered the Mohegan Fire Company. The Montville Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating. 

avatar image
RYAN FLAHERTYCorrespondent

No information from the author.