Main Content

news

Waltham Homeowner Transported for Smoke Inhalation from Kitchen Fire

By PETER LOBO, Correspondent | January 29, 2022 | MASSACHUSETTS

Story No. 013122107

WALTHAM, MA - During the height of a blizzard on January 29th, Waltham Fire received a call for a kitchen fire at 14 Flagg Circle. Engines 1 and 4, Rescue 1, Ladder 2, and Medic 1 were dispatched. Squad 5 was the RIT. When firefighters arrived they found fire in the kitchen extending to the walls. It took them approximately one hour to contain it. The owner of the house was taken to Lahey Hospital Burlington for smoke inhalation.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.