Main Content


Snake and Gecko Rescued from House Fire in Rochester

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.

ROCHESTER, NY - On Sunday, August 28th at 6:39 P.M., the Rochester Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 1136 Garson Avenue. Units arrived on location and reported smoke showing from the attic of a two-and-a-half story house. Upon making entry, it was discovered that the fire was actually in the basement near the dryer. The fire was extinguished quickly, but not before wiring and contents in the basement were destroyed. The remainder of the house sustained smoke damage, and the house was deemed uninhabitable. No firefighters or civilians were injured. A snake and a gecko were rescued from the second floor.

avatar image
JEFFREY ARNOLDSenior Correspondent

No information from the author.