Main Content


Smoke Condition Call in Bergenfield

avatar image
June 20, 2023 | NEW JERSEY BILL TOMPKINS, Correspondent
This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.

BERGENFIELD, NJ - A burning basket of towels in a bathroom caused a smoke condition that initially raised concern on June 20th in Bergenfield. The alarm came in shortly after 10:00 A.M. at 22 Byrne Pl. The small one-and-a-half story frame dwelling had smoke showing from the second-floor and attic vents. A line was brought in through the front door, but was not put into operation. The basket of towels was extinguished with a can. The home was vented and companies were soon back in service.

avatar image
BILL TOMPKINSCorrespondent

No information from the author.