Main Content


Stove Fire Causes Scare in Glenmont

By THOMAS MARRA , Correspondent | June 20, 2020 | NEW YORK

Story No. 062120109

Fire crews responded to a possible structure fire called in by neighbors on Saturday, June 20th.

The Selkirk Fire Department responded to 206 Van Wies Point Road at 10:50 a.m. after neighbors reported a possible fire in the home.

The neighbors reported hearing smoke alarms and seeing visible smoke coming from the home.

Due to the neighbors reporting seeing smoke coming from the home, Chief Joe Michaniw had the Elsmere Fire Department dispatched as a precaution.

Arriving crews pulled a line off of Truck 29-70 and made entry to the residence.

It was discovered that there was a pot on the stove that was left unattended and had burned.

Crews turned the scene over to the homeowners after they arrived back and units cleared the scene.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.