Main Content


Grill Tips Over and Causes House Fire in Waltham

avatar image
June 12, 2022 | MASSACHUSETTS PETER LOBO, Correspondent
This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.

WALTHAM, MA - At 2:40 P.M. on June 12th, Waltham Police received a call for an outdoor grill that tipped over and caused a fire at 59 Marivista Avenue. Waltham Engines 2 and 7, along with Rescue 1 and Tower 1 responded. RIT was Engine 8 and Medic 1. Engine 7 signed off with fire showing and Captain Kevin Ciccone requested a working fire followed by a second-alarm, bringing Engine 4, Squad 5, Engine 3, Ladder 2 and Medic 3 to the scene. Heavy fire was engulfing the rear and side of the house, and at one point Deputy Brock Rowland requested all members out of the building. Firefighters were on the scene for over three hours. There were no injuries.

avatar image
PETER LOBOCorrespondent

No information from the author.