Main Content

news

Chimney Fire in Rochester

By JEFFREY ARNOLD, Senior Correspondent | March 05, 2021 | NEW YORK

Story No. 030621100

Rochester, NY - On Friday, March 5th at 9:22 P.M., the Rochester Fire Department was dispatched to the report of a chimney fire at 43 Menlo Place. Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke showing and declared a working fire. The occupant had started a fire in the fireplace that had not been used for a number of years. The fire burned down into the floor joists and up the wall studs. Fire crews made a quick knock down of the visible fire, but had to work hard to open up the floors and wall to complete extinguishment. Three cats were rescued by firefighters, and there were no injuries reported.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.