Former Bolton Fire Station
Photo by Chuck LoweFormer Bolton Fire Station
The Bolton Fire Department occupied the small single-story structure at 9 Wattaquadock Hill Rd. beginning in 1930. Before becoming a firehouse, the building served as First Baptist Church (1841), The Center School (1864), and the Hearse House (1898). Although the department no longer runs in-service apparatus out of this building, it has been used to store the town's 1958 American LaFrance 800 in recent years.