Main Content


One Person Suffers Smoke Inhalation at Danielson Kitchen Fire

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.

KILLINGLY, CT - At 5:21 A.M. on Wednesday, November 29th, the Danielson, South Killingly, Attawaugan, and Atwood Hose Fire Departments, with the Moosup FAST & KB Ambulance, were dispatched to 344 Main Street Apartment A for a kitchen fire. ET 161 arrived at 5:27 A.M. with smoke showing from the ridge line of a two-and-a-half-story, wood-frame, mixed use.

ET 161 stretched a one-and-three-quarter-inch hose line through the 'Delta' side first-floor doorway where they found the kitchen burning. Engine 165 laid in to establish the water supply for ET 161. Tower 161 set up in the rear parking lot and flew their bucket to the 'Delta' side roof. Ladder 194 backed into the driveway and flew their stick to the roof. Car 61 had command while Car 161 was operations. Crews were able to hold the fire to the first-floor kitchen with minor extension to the second-floor void spaces. Ambulance 861 and the QV Medic transported one person with smoke inhalation. The Killingly Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.

avatar image
RYAN FLAHERTYCorrespondent

No information from the author.