Main Content

news

House Catches Fire in Patchogue After Transformer Blows

By CONNOR JACOBS, Correspondent | September 26, 2020 | NEW YORK

Story No. 100220102

Patchogue, NY - On Saturday, September 26th around 8:30 P.M., a call came in for a reported house fire at 16 Harold St.

On arrival of the chief, there were no flames showing so he began to investigate. Upon entering the home and going in the basement, he found an active fire near an electrical panel caused by a nearby transformer that blew and caused the whole block to lose power.

The first due engine stretched a line into the home. Due to the location of the fire being on a narrow block the chief requested multiple engines to park on Waverly Ave. and walk their crews to the scene. Blue Point FD was activated on the mutual aid for a RIT team to the scene and was sent to a staging area on arrival.

Crews were able to make a quick knock down of the fire without activating a working fire assignment for additional mutual aids besides the RIT team. Patchogue Ambulance was on scene for support and firefighter rehab if needed. A fire marshal and coordinator were also called to the scene.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.