Bathroom Fire On Douglas Street
By JASON BATZ, Correspondent | August 11, 2020 | PENNSYLVANIA
Story No. 081220106
Photo by Tom EnglishReading Firefighters operate at 1111 Douglass Street after getting called for a bathroom on fire.
Reading, PA - On August 11th firefighters were sent to a house fire at 1111 Douglass Street. With companies responding, the communications center advised there was a report of a bathroom fire in the rear of the home. Ladder 3 arrived at a 2½ MOR with no obvious signs of fire. Firefighters entered the dwelling and located a fire in a rear bathroom. Chief Banks (Car 5) arrived and established command. With units responding from different locations due to training, Engine 7 arrived and assumed first-due. A hose line was stretched and rapidly knocked down the fire. All searches of the dwelling were clear with no injuries reported. The fire was placed under control at 10:22 a.m. The Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.