Main Content

news

Propane BBQ Tank Fire on Douglass Court in Washingtonville

By GARY HEARN, Correspondent | June 24, 2020 | NEW YORK

Story No. 062520105

Washingtonville, NY - At 1953 hours on June 24th, the Washingtonville Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a propane barbecue tank on fire to the rear of a house on Douglas Court in Washingtonville. Upon arrival fire department personnel found that the hose from the BBQ to the tank was compromised and had been burning. The fire extinguished prior to arrival. Fire Department personnel shut the valve on the propane tank however the propane continued to leak from the valve assembly. A burn off operation was conducted to safely remove the remaining propane from the tank. There was damage to the siding in the rear of the house but no extension into the building. There were no injuries.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.