Main Content

news

Daytona Beach Family Visits Firefighters After House Fire

By SASHA STATON, Correspondent | April 12, 2021 | FLORIDA

Story No. 041221110

DAYTONA BEACH, FL - After a scary experience with a house fire while cooking, a local family visited the firefighters who responded to their home.

While cooking pancakes on a Sunday morning, a grease fire began at a Daytona Beach residence that quickly spread to the cabinets above the stove. The family called 9-1-1 and within minutes two fire engines were there to extinguish the fire. The couple, including their two children, were scared but not injured and had little damage to their kitchen.

Following the incident, the family reached out to Daytona Beach Fire Department to not only visit the firefighters and thank them, but also to learn more about fire safety and share the important information with the readers of the mother’s successful blog. The firefighters showed the children all of their tools on the truck and talked to the family about cooking safety and escape plans.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.