Lodi Basement Fire Caused by Battery
March 22, 2023 | NEW JERSEY DAMIEN DANIS, Senior Correspondent
Photo by Damien Danis
This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.
LODI, NJ - A lithium-ion battery from a hoverboard ignited a basement fire that Lodi firefighters quickly knocked down on the evening of March 22nd.
Shortly before 10:00 P.M., fire companies were disptached to 15 Avenue B on a report of a fire inside the home. Upon chiefs' arrival, smoke was showing and a fire was located in the basement. An initial report of people possibly trapped fortunately proved unfounded.
Mutual aid at the scene or in coverage were from Garfield, Hasbrouck Heights and Wallington, as well as Rochelle Park, Saddle Brook and Wood-Ridge. Lodi's Office of Emergency Management was also called to the scene. The County Wide Emergency Response team set up a canteen.
The fire was knocked in under 10 minutes. No injuries were reported.