Main Content

news

Fire Erupts at Daytona Beach Shopping Plaza on Thanksgiving Morning

By SASHA STATON, Correspondent | November 26, 2020 | FLORIDA

Story No. 120820101

Daytona Beach, FL - At approximately 4:00 A.M. on Thanksgiving Day, Daytona Beach Firefighters responded to the Village Plaza Shopping Center, 1104 Beville Road, Daytona Beach, for a commercial structure fire.

There were several units that were affected; however, the origin of the fire began in unit F, which was occupied as a nutritional store. Many of the other units were not currently being leased and all the units were unoccupied and closed at this time of the morning.

Firefighters were faced with an extremely large and difficult fire that was quickly spreading to adjacent units due to this section of the building lacking a sprinkler suppression system.

Daytona Beach Firefighters determined the cause of the fire to be suspicious and contacted the State Fire Marshal to investigate.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.