Main Content

news

Fireplace Fire Extends to Walls in Hanover

By PAT TRAVERS, Senior Correspondent | November 10, 2021 | MASSACHUSETTS

Story No. 111021100

HANOVER, MA - Around 11:30 A.M. on the morning of Sunday, November 7th, the Hanover FD responded to a reported building fire at 384 Cedar Street. Hanover Engine-7, Engine-3, Engine-1, Tower-1 and Ambulance-1 responded to the scene and found smoke showing from a raised ranch occupied dwelling.

Crews found a fire in the walls near the fireplace on the first floor of the dwelling. A working fire was requested, bringing a Rockland engine to the scene and a Hanson engine to Hanover Fire Headquarters for coverage.

Firefighters utilized thermal imaging cameras to locate the fire. Crews stretched a hand line and were able to open up the walls and knock down the active fire. Crews threw ground ladders to the 'D' side of the house to open up around the chimney and hit any hot spots with a booster line.

The fire was determined to be caused by a previous fire in the fireplace that extended to combustible building materials behind the chimney mantle. No injuries were reported. Fire damage was estimated to be at $75,000.

More Photos Available At: www.NEFirePhoto.com

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.