Main Content


Crews Respond to Barn Fire in Swanton

By GREG RAMSDELL, Correspondent | November 01, 2020 | VERMONT

Story No. 110720111

Swanton, VT - On November 1st, Highgate firefighters responded to a barn fire at 48 Second Street on Route 78 in Highgate. Mutual aid from Swanton and Sheldond Fire Departments also responded to the scene. The fire is thought to be caused by an electrical wire leading from a power pole that was attached to the barn. There were no animals in the barn, and no injuries were reported.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.