Dryer Fire Fills House With Smoke
By JASON BATZ, Correspondent | July 31, 2020 | PENNSYLVANIA
Story No. 073120115
Photo by David RottmanReading Firefighters arrived at 1222 Fidelity Street with smoke showing from the first floor. Crews found a dryer on fire in the basement.
Reading, PA - On the evening of July 30th, dispatchers with the Berks County Department of Emergency Services began received calls for a fire at 1222 Fidelity Street. Engine 1 arrived with a 2½ story MOR with smoke showing from the first floor. Firefighters initially entered the dwelling to locate the source of the smoke when they found a dryer burning in the basement. Crews stretched a hose line into the structure and rapidly knocked down the fire. All searches were clear with no injuries reported. Several pets were removed from the residence unharmed. The fire was placed under control at 11:15 p.m. The Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.