Main Content


Snow blower repair sparks fire

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.

Dunbarton, NH. February 23- A Dunbarton man was transported to the hospital on Thursday after his snow blower caught fire in an attached garage on Morse Road. The man spilled gasoline on the macine while working on his snow blower, which was running at the time and it rapidly caught fire. Dunbarton fire along with automatic mutual aid from Bow, Goffstown, Hooksett, and Concord was dispatched to the address for a report of a garage fire around 120 pm. When first due Bow fire arrived with its duty crew, heavy fire was lapping out of the door in the corner with heavy smoke showing. A Second alarm was transmitted for tankers for water supply, and Concord fire paramedics transported the home owner. The fire was quickly knocked down, and crews did extensive overhaul with no damage to the main house. Dunbarton Fire Cheif Jon Wiggin praised his crew for containing the blaze to the garage, which sustained structural and smoke damage. There was a slight odor of smoke in the residence but the residents still had access to utilties and the home is livablke, Wiggin said.

avatar image
JAY HEATHCorrespondent

No information from the author.