Main Content

news

Bathroom Fire Damages Home in Moosup

By RYAN FLAHERTY, Correspondent | February 23, 2021 | CONNECTICUT

Story No. 022321111

Moosup, CT - At 5:11 P.M. on Tuesday, February 23rd, the Moosup Fire Department, with mutual aid from Plainfield, Central Village, Atwood Hose, Oneco, South Killingy/Danielson FAST and the Moosup Ambulance responded to 41 Highland Street for smoke coming from the third floor windows of a house.

Ladder 194 arrived at 5:18 P.M., confirming smoke from the third floor windows. They flew the aerial to the roof and stretched a one-and-three-quarter inch hose line through the front door to the third floor where they found a room burning.

Car 94 assumed command at 5:19 P.M. and put operations on QV Tac 6. Engine 196 hit a hydrant at the corner of Daggett and Linnell Street, then laid about 1,000-feet of five-inch supply line, which fed Ladder 194. Tower 195 set up on the 'Alpha'/'Bravo' corner and pulled the soffit on the 'Bravo' side.

Car 394 reported the main body of fire knocked down at 5:31 P.M., while crews continued overhauling and began salvage work. Command placed the incident under control at 5:53 P.M., and had Quinebaug Valley Emergency Communications notify the American Red Cross for two displaced adults.

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.