Main Content


Geneseo House Fire

This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.

GENESEO, NY - On Saturday, January 20th at 6:16 A.M., Geneseo firefighters responded to the report of an electrical outlet on fire in a residence at 25 Center Street. Chief Andrew Chanler arrived on location with smoke showing and declared a working fire. All occupants of the student housing mutiple-dwelling were able to safely evacuate. Mutual aid was requested to the scene from the Village of Avon FD, and Livonia FD provided a fill-in at the Geneseo fire station. The fire was brought under control in about 25 minutes, and there were no injuries reported. Also assiting at the scene were Geneseo Police, Livingston County Emergency Management and Livingston County EMS.

avatar image
JEFFREY ARNOLDSenior Correspondent

No information from the author.