Red Hill VFC
By ALAN HOFFMAN, Correspondent | April 13, 2020 | PENNSYLVANIA
Story No. 041320117
Photo by ALAN HOFFMAN
Photo by ALAN HOFFMANThe With Guiding Hand Of The Hancock Fire Company Of Norristown, Red Hills Mother Company The Company Was Formed And named The Hancock Chemical Fire Company Of Red Hill Some Years Later The Name Was Changed To The Red Hill Volunteer Fire Company. The First Firehouse Still Stands At 358-360 Main St. With and Enlargement in The Rear And Other Modifications From What Is Shown, It Is Now Used As Apartments.
Photo by ALAN HOFFMANThis Is A Picture Of The Red Hill Vol. Fire Company And Brey’s Restaurant At 358-360 Main St And Lucian B, Millers Cigar Factory, Here We See The Red Hill Band And Members Of The Fire Company. The Band Was Formed In 1900 And Continues Today.
This Bell Is Displayed on The Grounds Of The Red Hill Vol. Fire Company Social Club Which Is Located On 5th Street In Red Hill. This Bell Hung In The Bell Tower Of The Their First Firehouse Which Was Dedicated On August 5th, 1905, The Fire Company Was Founded 1 Year Before In 1904.The Building was located At 358-360 Main St. The First Building was Shared With A Restaurant And Housed A Horse Drawn Chemical Unit Which Was Red Hills First Piece Of Firefighting Equipment. On January 10th 1907 This Piece Of Equipment And The Red Hill Volunteers Were called To Extinguish A Minor Fire Caused By A overheated Stove Pipe.
This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the 1st Responder newsroom.