Mont Vernon Fire Department
Photo by Chuck LoweEngine 1: 1993 Sutphen Deluge 1500/1000
Photo by Chuck LoweEngine 2: 2008 HME Silverfox 1250/1000/30F
Photo by Chuck LoweEngine 3: 2002 International S-4900/Dingee 1750/800
Photo by Chuck LoweForestry 1: 1993 AM General Humvee 125/200
Photo by Chuck LoweTanker 1: 2005 International 7600/Dingee 1250/3000
Mont Vernon is located in the hills of south-central New Hampshire, to the northwest of Nashua. The town possesses rural New England character within proximity to both professional and recreational activities. The population is around 2,584 according to the 2020 census.
This call department operates, under the command of Chief Jay S. Wilson, out of a single station located at 1 North Main Street. The modern five-bay facility was opened in 2010.
MFD operates a “mostly white” fleet of three engines, two brush trucks*, and a tanker. Engine 2 was purchased as a demo that was already white-over-red. Repainting it to the town’s color scheme was not financially responsible. They are currently working to replace their oldest engine. Members are hoping it will be approved by the town and arrive with all white paint.
MVFD, along with the towns of Milford & Wilton, are dispatched by the “MACC base located in Milford. The department is also part of the Souhegan Mutual Aid Association which includes 20 towns and the city of Nashua. All Mont Vernon apparatus carry the number “21” to be easily identified on multi-department responses. Amherst EMS is contracted to provide ambulance service to the town.
*Forestry 2, a 1952 Dodge M37 150/200, was not available to be photographed.