February 27, 2020
Product & Services
EMS EQUIPMENT & SUPP...
Churchville Fire Equ...
Products & Services
Vehicles for Sale
To immediately access any story, please enter the Story Number in the above box.
In the Line of Duty
Patrick Jones, 25 - Porterville, CA
Ramon "Ray" Figueroa, 35 - Porterville, CA
Manuel Galindo, Jr., 71 - Fort Hancock, TX
Corbin Rogers, 21 - Spring Lake, NC
Vehicles for Sale
Online Auction for Government Surplus - Auction En
Wireless News Subscription
Download the 2017 issue of 1st Responder Broadcast Network Media Kit.
How to Submit Photos & Video
If you want to see your department’s activities in
the newspaper and on the Internet, as a 1RBN Correspondent you have the powers to make that happen.
Smoke Detectors Alert Orange Residents to House Fire
By DOUG FENICHEL
1st Responder Newspaper
This article is a direct street report from our correspondent and has not been edited by the
1st Responder newsroom.
By ORANGE VOL. FD
Orange Deputy Fire Marshal James Vincent and Orange Assistant Chief Mike Esposito examine a piece of furniture from the home at 495 Quintard Lane, where firefighters extinguished a house fire, 10/14/19.
Orange, CT – Firefighters from the Orange Volunteer Fire Department extinguished a fire in a house at 495 Quintard Lane late Monday night, October 14th. There were no injuries.
Firefighters responded to a call for “heavy smoke” in a home around 11:45 P.M. According to Fire Chief Vaughan Dumas, they found visible fire in the living room area of the house on arrival. They were able to quickly knock down the fire before it could do extensive damage to the rest of the house.
“The occupants were alerted by the smoke detector,” said Dumas. “They called 911 and exited the building under their own power. There were no injuries.”
Dumas said the incident underscores the importance of smoke detectors in homes. The device alerted the home occupants early enough that they were able to get out of the house and call the fire department without injury, and before the fire made too much headway.
“Especially at this time of year, this incident is a good lesson,” said Dumas. “People should check their smoke detectors. It’s almost time to change clocks, and that’s always a good time to change your smoke detector batteries.”
Dumas gave no damage estimate. He said the fire was under investigation by the Orange Fire Marshal’s office. Units from the Woodbridge Volunteer Fire Department responded to cover Orange while local firefighters handled the fire.
More News From This State
- Save 5% with Discount Code First5 at AllHandsFire.com!
Belsito Communications Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Need to contact us? -